Monday, April 9, 2012

My Little Mermaid

Afton's favorite song is "Ariel's Song" also known as "Part of Your World." She asks for it every night when I put her to bed. I'm actually getting kind of sick of this song. Those of you who know me well, know that I went through a HUGE obsession with The Little Mermaid when it came out--I danced to this song in my living room, wearing my pink body suit and my green chiffon skirt, and I sang it and sang it hoping eventually I would sound like Jodi Benson. I drew Ariel over and over and over until I had her down, and to this day I swear I can draw Ariel in my sleep. Funnily enough, we don't even OWN this video--well, we have it on VHS. The one I got when it was first released in 1989. It's so weird--when you watch it, the movie just starts with no ads or anything. Anyway, she watches it mostly on the Disney Princess sing-along that she loves. (Great suggestion, Heather! You were right!)

Anyway, it's a long song and kind of complicated, but she knows every word. I've heard her sing it more accurately than this, but who cares! She's so freakin' cute in this video! I love my little singing Afton! (And, for a three year old, she's pretty on key, don't you think?)

And here is one more of my babies! They are so cute! (Note how good Scarlett is at holding herself up against the side. Explains why this morning she FELL OUT OF THE CRIB. Guess it's time to drop it lower...)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I love all of my wild, crazy, Rees girls. My goodness, that is a passel of adorable kids! So glad I get to kiss their cheeks!