Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I don't know why I bother. NO ONE READS MY BLOG. I'm feeling very upset that I have so few comments and none on my last entry. Come on people! Step it up! You think I'm doing this for my health? What the crap! I LIVE for comments. It makes me feel loved and connected. So start commenting already. And if I sound raunchy, remember I'm pregnant!
Speaking of which, here's an update.
It kinda sucks.
Up till this point I haven't really gotten sick. And then this week I started getting sick every day. Do I throw up? Oh no! I'm cursed with the Nielson Stomach of Steel, or NSS as it's called in modern medical journals. I figure if I throw up I'll feel better, but I guess I'll never know. I'm not super sick--I'm really just whiny because I don't really get sick anyway. But it's just annoying. Nothing sounds good to me and I have to force myself to eat. But on the other hand, it's not so bad being sick when you're pregnant because at least there's a REASON for it. And then there's the knowledge that it's only going to get worse. I can't wait for my first doctor's appointment on August 12 when I will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat and feel like there really is a baby in there. It's kinds a surreal right now. Gosh I'm whiny right now. Maybe because it's after midnight and I can't sleep and I haven't slept a full night through in over a week. URG. Anyway, I hope my whinefest has been interesting to the two people out there who have read it. To you two people--bless you. You're going to heaven now!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
I went to Wordle.net to make it. You just have to past a bunch of text in, and it taked the most common words and creates this! I pasted in 14 pages of my journal this year, so I think the words it chose are pretty accurate. And of course, notice how prominant Trevor's name is!!
Here are my answers:
1)Megan 2)Clam Chowder 3)Hillcrest High (otherwise there would be NO picture of football players on a mosaic that describes me!) 4)Blood Red (and I got Arwen's dress from LOTR. SO appropriate!) 5)Captain Picard!(I have no celebrity crush other than Brennan Fraser, and no results for him!)6)Water 7)New York 8)Cheesecake 9)Teacher 10)Husband and child 11)Obnoxious 12)Ok. I have no Flickr account. So I typed in my favorite animal. But...I have no favorite animal. When i was a kid i liked sheep. So I typed that in.
YOU CAN PLAY TOO!
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd's mosaic maker.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name. (kid version: favorite animal?)
CUL-DE-SAC of FIRE!
If you have no plans tonight and don't know what to do with yourselves, come to the fifth annual Cul-De-Sac o' Fire! It's a big ol' party at Cindy's house that we have every year. More than a hundred people come, and everyone pools together their fireworks! Lots of food and fun! So if you want to come, call me and I'll tell you how to get there--it's in West Jordan. Love ya'll!
Friday, July 18, 2008
1. I love my job. Will I resent it once I have to leave my baby to go to work?
2. I don't care what people say. Poop is poop. It smells whether it's your baby's or someone elses.
3. Babies cry. They poop. They need to be burped. They get tired. Will I have ANY CLUE which of these is the current problem when baby Elijah and/or Afton is crying? (by the way, those are our names--Elijah for a boy and Afton for a girl. They've been picked out forever so don't try to change our minds!)
4. Is this baby going to hate me and love Trevor, just like our cat?
5. Will I really love this kid as much as everyone tells me I will?
6. I am going to get SO FREAKING FAT. I already am! And I'm only six weeks!
7. Goodbye perky boobs.
8. I'm afraid of how painful this will be for my bad feet. And it will be even harder to teach ballroom next year.
9. So--let me get this straight. You are uncomfortable for NINE MONTHS. You put your life in danger to give birth in excruciating pain for HOURS. Your body is completely out of wack and it takes forever to recover. And then--THEN, you go home and don't sleep for months? You have to recover AND take care of a baby? Seriously? It's amazign to me so many people do this.
Ok, no more negativity! Now the good stuff!
1. First and foremost, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE TREVOR AS A FATHER. He's gonna bawl his eyes out when they put that baby in his arms.
2. If I ever feel fearful of having this baby, reminding myself that it's TREVOR'S baby makes me feel honored and excited.
3. I've been preparing to be a mom all my life. Surely I'm gonna be good at this. i mean, look at my sisters! Look at my mother! They are good at it. Don't I just get that through my genes?
4. My students are gonna flip out when they find out I'm pregnant.
5. When all is said and done, this is one of the most important things I will ever do. So when I have an identity crisis and I can't remember if I'm a teacher or slacker or a wife, first and foremost--I will be a MOM. And that's an identity I will never lose!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
So Trevor and I just got back from Oregon, where the entire family (minus the Crocket's who were in Washington for a fly-in) went to Vale where my mother grew up. As many of you probably know, we would go up there every summer as kids. Last summer Trevor and I went up there so he could meet the cousins and my aunts on that side. Aundi and Cindy and their kids went with us. This year, Mom and Dad came as well as all my sisters (again, minus Nicki) and their husbands and kids. 10 kids! (well, actually 11, if you are observant...:) ?
So we had a lot of fun up there. Thought I'd include a few pictures to show you what we were doing...I think my favorite is this one of Kylee going off the high dive for the first time--yes, this just can't end well, can itAnd here's another favorite--Trevor and I in front of 25 acres of wheat at my Aunt Carolyn's. The trip had a lot of babies involved. We saw my cousin's new horse Rodeo Rose, born on mother's day to their other horse Mischief--the one who almost bucked me off last summer! And then there were three baby calfs at Aunt Carolyn's that had to be fed with a bottle. Two of them had lost their mothers to what Carolyn called "Milk Fever" whatever that is, and the other one was born with a crooked back and is VERY small, and it's mother can't feed it. SO cute. Cousin Loni had a baby pig, and baby chicks. Oh, and then there's MY baby. So yes, what a busy weekend!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
As a single adult, fireworks had but one charm--laying on the ground watching them with some guy made it ALL worth it. Unfortunately, this happened rarely in the next eight years after that Disney trip. When Trevor and I were broken up for six weeks in 2005, I was a total disaster. The 4th of July was coming, and I didn't want to spend it alone. I called up my old friend Bryan and we planned to go to the fireworks show in Sandy. Then Trevor called and invited me to Dave Snow's barbeque--which we both knew Dave had already invited me to. But I could tell he really wanted me there, and hey, I was still madly in love with him. So me and Bryan went to it.
This is when it became clear that, during our break-up, Trevor had meshed himself with "the guys" and was becoming a total--GUY. It was so annoying. He and the guys had rigged a potato gun, and spent most of their time at the barbeque in school parking lot which backed Dave's house, shooting off potatoes hundreds of feet. It was cool but--I was cooler because I was going to watch the fireworks with a guy. Which I did, as Bryan and I considered starting it all up again. Apparently that night Trevor and the guys set off more fireworks--an incident which involved our friend Patrick shooting a bottle rocket out of his--well, you can probably guess. Sure wish I had THAT video--it exits, actually, but I have no idea where.
Anyway, Trevor and I got back together about two days after that. Maybe it was the bottlerocket incident, I don't know. Now I find myself so completely BORED with fireworks! In Disneyland in February I was too tired to stay and watch them, so Trevor watched them from the balcony of our hotel which was across the street. Apparently each explosion set off the car alarm of an SUV just below our door. Yeah.
Married fireworks are far worse than single fireworks. When you're single, at least it's an excuse to make out, right? Yeah, what married people make out? Or need an excuse? It's basically sitting there watching the guys set off one after another. This year we went to Patrick's house (yes, THAT Patrick)for a barbeque. The food was great, the visiting was fabulous. The TWO HOURS of setting of fireworks? Not so fun. For them, maybe. But seriously, they are ALL THE SAME. And men never tire of it. Well, at least this time Trevor sat by me instead of being with "the guys" and playing with fire. And I realize, after reading Lisa's blog just now, that this will never go away. Kids LOVE those stupid things! Every year we're gonna have to sit there while we watch flowers, screamers (SO ANNOYING) and whatever else comes in the jumbo pack at Costco until all is spent. Oh well. No getting out of it I suppose!
Here's one last reason not to like fireworks. Look at him! This is what happens to men on the 4th! (No, that's not a beer, it's Applebeer, but you get my point.)