So, as of tomorrow, there are SEVEN days of school left. Actually, six and a half. WAHOO!!! This is SO my favorite time of year! It's hard to imagine spending entire days at home, with nothing to worry about but cleaning my house, keeping Afton happy, cooking dinner, going shopping, making appointments, finding babysitters, trying to get stuff done while a baby clings to my legs, wondering if Afton will EVER go down for a nap...hmmm...not so sure about this summer thing now. Anyway, in honor of seven days of school, here are seven random thoughts. No, this makes no real sense but I don't care.
1. Trevor is in school this summer. He won't get a break from school until he finishes nursing school in 2013--if everything goes according to plan. Poor guy. School sucks. And THEN he forgot to register on time so he ended up with awful classes at night. So pretty much the whole summer we can't do anything on week days. Either he works until 8:00 or has class until 10:00. Sucks SO bad.
2. Today I apologized on some kid's wall on Facebook for something I did in the 4th grade. We're friends on facebook, but not really FRIENDS. But I remembered how in 4th grade I was mad that he always got ALL the answers right on our timed math timestables, so when we switched papers to grade, I changed a few answers. Just so he wouldn't get 100%. He called me on it, but I denied it. What rotten thing to do, huh? And 20 years later I still remember it. So I apologized on his wall today. Bet he thinks I'm psycho.
3. I love reading my old journals lately. Right now I'm reading my mission journal. Fascinating. I served in South Africa. I found myself crying at one point--remembering a story about how my companion, Sister Valore, helped a poor boy one day. He was always begging outside a store we often frequented. Ragged clothes--he was about 12. And she just said enough is enough. She brought him in the store and told him to pick five things. Everyone watched. I thought he'd pick candy. No. He picked bread, fruit, meat, and milk. And only when Valore nodded at him did he pick an ice cream bar. Everyone in the store had tears in their eyes. I was bawling when I read it. How could I forget a story like that?
4. I won an award at school. I am the CTE Teacher of the Year for Jordan School District. Cool huh? Of course, no one knows because it was never announced. They announced in an email today that the son of one of the teachers won State. But no one mentioned I won an award. Should this bother me? Cause it does. But it was so nice to have some recognition by my district. I got a plaque and went to a banquet and everything. After two weeks of bugging the head janitor to put it up in my room, I got one of the other janitors to do it. Thank you, Hope.
5. Afton went to bed at 7:10 tonight. Can you believe that? Who IS this kid? That's a total first. Bless you, Baby.
6. I am teaching at a conference this summer. Its the business teacher conference. I always go--it's such a good conference. I offered to teach a class on Keyboarding Games, and one on Digital Scrapbooking. And they accepted both! And I'm teaching digital scrapbooking twice! Yay! I love teaching at this conference. Such amazing people. It's so great to get together with hundred of people who do the same thing you do. You learn so much!
7. I'm going to Loa this weekend! Hooray! I love going to Loa. We go every Memorial Day. Only this year will be really hard because Trevor's Grandpa passed away in December, and it will be hard to not have him there. It will be hard to visit his grave, instead of having him with us. It makes me REALLY sad. I mean, I cry over it. It's like he was MY grandpa. Maybe it's becuase he's so much like Trevor. What a great man he was! Still--it will be nice to get away for the weekend. And when I come back? Only THREE MORE DAYS! And the last day there is no 7th graders and since 90% of my kids are 7th graders--it's practically only TWO MORE DAYS!!
Ok, I'm done. Sorry this was random. But oh well.
Brooklynn turns 2
1 year ago